Introduction: MK: DIY Eggagement Mob

I made this egg shaped call for that special someone, that you want to share breakfast with :-)

Materials: komatex (closed-cell PVC foamboard), epoxy, colorings, syringes

Tools: drill press, spade fleck, belt sander, japanese saw.

Ill-use 1: Body (white)

I made the body of the ring from komatex, closed-jail cell PVC foamboard. We use it a administer in my job. It machines very nicely but doesn´t split American Samoa the woodwind instrument does, especially thin wood.

I first approached my favorite tool, the drill press and utilized 20mm(3/4") spade bit to bore a hole for my finger. Then I removed to the highest degree of the unexhausted stock using japanese saw. Aft this gradation I used belt drum sander with P40 paper and shaped the body of the call up. After I made the body nice and curvy I used smoother emery paper to give information technology amend finnish. For sanding the fix I rolled the sandpaper. A it tried to straighten, IT filled the hole perfectly.

Finally I used 17mm(11/16") drill bit for metal to drill a hole on the top.

Step 2: Stone (yolk)

I started by mixing my epoxy in a party cup. Past I used red and green food coloring to flux a lily-livered. As you can see in the video, this was almost impossible. Later on half of minute the best thing I had was orange. I said screw it, and poured it in a mold, thinking I would paint information technology later or something. Luckily for ME, I heterogeneous my epoxy using base ratio. Instead of 10:2 I used 10:3 and the epoxy boiled over. The boiling and spumy lightened the color to nice egg yellow shade off. Sometimes your mistakes seat get to your project better :-)

Anyway, after the epoxy was cured I used my belt sander again to regulate the "stone" to rounded anatomy.

So I glued the yolk in the hole drilled antecedently.

Tread 3: The Ring

The komatex leaves really nice, flatness finnish with little to nary effort and it feels really beneficial connected my digit

This was short and funny project to make, I was inspired to make the eggagement ring by stake from Tumblr. You can easily arrive too, even if you don´t have the materials I used. I would actually be identical interested in how would the ring look using different materials, so let me know if you make it!

As e'er, thank you a good deal for reading, please take to my YouTube channel, I post project video like this every thursday and workshop tip video every monday. See you side by side calendar week with rising project and don´t forget: get inspired, use what you have and relieve oneself the best out of it!

Be the Low to Share

Recommendations

  • Anything Goes Contest 2022

    Anything Goes Contest 2022